History of Pillar Tapes
On December 1 of 1959, Founder, Irving Kirsh opened his office doors on Hopewell Avenue, Toronto. At that time his warehouse could be found on Eglington Avenue, in the basement of a ladies wear store. Shipping was received by sliding boxes of tape down the stairs on a board of plywood. Tape was delivered in Mr. Kirsh's station wagon by himself and 1 other driver.
THE BIG MOVE
1985, Pillar Tapes warehouse on Eglington was upgraded to a larger warehouse in North York, Mr. Kirsh never felt he could fill 1500 square ft. of space.
Due to exemplary customer service and same-day delivery, the Pillar Tapes customer list continued to grow. Some of the big firms that have come and gone through Pillar Tapes include; Irwin Toy, Pringle & Booth, and Tepperman Wrecking.
Pillar Tapes is now located at 500 Norfinch Dr., in North York. Mr. Kirsh is shocked daily when he walks through his 16,000 square ft. warehouse. Laurie, his daughter, is now the COO and continues to run the company as a small family business.